Saturday, September 17, 2011

"The Military Wife" Poem

This poem, I had read while we were still in our first year of Korea.  I found it on another military wives blog and knew instantly that I needed to repost it.  I love it.  I love how honest it is.  This is a hard life.  Being a military spouse is not for the faint of heart.  It takes just as much dedication to your husband and marriage as is required of your spouse and his dedication to service.  We (I say we) have been in the Army for seven years now and I don't know if it will ever get any easier.  I don't know if uprooting our life and starting over will ever feel normal.  I don't know if leaving friends and making new ones every couple years will ever become second nature.  But we (I say we) are in this until my husband decides to leave his Army career and become a civilian.  We will figure it out.  We will make this work.  Because this is the life we chose. 

There's another quote that I believe with my whole heart:
"Everything is going to be alright.  Maybe not today.  But eventually."

I don't know who wrote the poem below "The Military Wife", but I would like to give her a hug.  This is an incredibly accurate description of life as a military wife and I think everyone should read it, treasure it, as I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment